Thursday, September 18, 2014

Introduction

Greetings, 

My name is Shawn and I am hoping to become a teacher in the near future. I am a senior at Salem State University and I will receive my Bachelor's degree in English this upcoming December. Initially, I did not know what I wanted to do with my life; but, after some trial and error I have finally realized that I want to be a teacher. I love both reading and writing and I hope that I can help inspire my future students to find their passions and pursue their dreams. Currently, I work as a high school football referee and a baseball umpire. The job does have some pressure; yet, it is probably the most fun I've ever had working. Also, I have done some work as a line cook and I do have a culinary background. 
I'm not entirely sure how my future is going to turn out but I know that I want to teach. It may be at the secondary ed level, which I initially planned for, but now I am open to all opportunities. I want to have a job that can make a difference in people's lives and I have a great passion for both reading and writing. Thus, I hope I can help my students find their path; maybe, even learn to enjoy reading. Beyond literature and cooking I am also an avid NBA fan (and playing basketball), I have a vested interest in hip-hop, and I have seen way too many movies. Also, here is a great pdf on creating thoughtful and creative text based questions. It is outlined extremely well and can greatly benefit any future teacher who needs to create content based questions (specifically for reading).
 Anyway, this is just an introduction and I hope I will be able to provide you with more substantial content in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment